East Tennessee PBS holds regular meetings which are open to members of our community. Per Corporation of Public Broadcasting guidelines, we broadcast announcements of these meetings on consecutive days, three times each day, during each calendar quarter. A portion of some meetings may be in closed session. For details of the closed meeting session please click here. All meetings are held at the East Tennessee PBS offices at 1611 East Magnolia Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37917, unless otherwise noted.
Board of Directors meetings:
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of February, May, August and November, at 5 p.m.
The next board meeting will be Tuesday, May 14 at 5pm.
Tennessee Public Television Council will be meeting at 10:30 a.m. c.s.t. on Tuesday March 5, 2019
Community Advisory Board meetings:
Meetings are the second Wednesday of January, April, July, and October, at 11:30 a.m. Location is subject to change; please call the station at 865-595-0220 to confirm.
Our Board of Directors
Michael Nichols, Chairman
Shirley Fox Rogers, 1st Vice Chair
Peter Alliman, 2nd Vice Chair
Will Bunch, Treasurer
Jim Tindell, Secretary
James T. Normand
We are grateful for the longtime service of the late Harold Woods, a tireless board member, volunteer and supporter of East Tennessee PBS, who died in 2014.
Community Advisory Board
The purpose of the advisory board is to provide a vehicle for effective community input to the station's governing body about station programming, community service and impact on the community from the station's major policy decisions. The community advisory board assists the station in development of programs and policies that address the specific needs of the communities that they endeavor to serve. The board should be reasonably representative of the diverse needs and interests of the communities served by the station. The composition of the community advisory board must reflect its independent role, and may not include members of the station staff or governing body in anything other than an ex officio or administrative capacity.
The Community Advisory Board shall:
1. Establish and follow its own schedule and agenda, within the scope of the community advisory board's statutory or delegated authority;
2. Review the programming goals established by station;
3. Review the community service provided by the stations;
4. Review the impact on the community of the significant policy decisions rendered by the station; and
5. Advise the governing board of the station whether the programming and other significant policies of the station are meeting the specialized educational and cultural needs of the communities served by the station. The advisory board may make recommendations to the governing board to meet those specialized needs.
James Dee, Chairperson
Dr. Herbert H. Howard