EAST TENNESSEE PBS
JOB TITLE: Account Manager - Underwriting
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Commission/Exempt OR 1099 Contract
Responsible for maintaining a productive revenue pipeline via; the sale of on-air messages, online ads, sponsorship of outreach events, and other special projects.
- Maintains productive revenue pipeline through prospecting, research, meetings, proposals, and networking.
- Researches and creates lists of potential clients in the corporate and nonprofit sectors.
- Drafts and finalizes underwriting agreements including contracts, costs and flight orders.
- Maintains account records, contracts, database input, and account dialog
- Qualifies copy points, and writes copy that adheres to East Tennessee PBS and FCC guidelines.
- Coordinates all TV client production including, scheduling and attending B-Roll Video Shoot and sending to client for final approval prior to airdate.
- Provides excellent customer service and communication to all clients, vendors and staff.
- Keeps Chief Development Officer updated on accounts and prospect status through weekly meetings and reports.
- Utilizes tools and materials provided to create compelling sales proposals
- Achieves rigorous financial goals and benchmarks to further the financial health of East Tennessee PBS
- Conduct consumer and product related research necessary for use in building compelling purchase propositions
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
College degree or commensurate experience required.
Candidates must have a proven track record of revenue-generating abilities and must be able to close sales
Qualified candidates will also possess skills at identifying and overcoming sales objections, have an ability to persuade and be able to prioritize.
Word, Excel and Powerpoint proficiency. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Energetic self-starter willing to engage with potential corporate and nonprofit partners.
Success will depend on the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some nights and weekends.
Apply with your resume and cover letter to jobs@EastTennesseePBS.org